Latest Paul Shechtman Stories
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former Bank of America Corp. broker Theodore Sihpol, who was acquitted last month on charges of helping a hedge fund to trade mutual funds illegally, will be retried on four counts on which the jury deadlocked, his lawyer said on Thursday. Jurors on June 9 were unable to reach a verdict on one count each of fraud and scheming to defraud, and two counts of falsifying business records, leading New York Supreme Court Justice James Yates to declare a partial mistrial. The...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.