Latest Pavements Stories
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) The challenge of making concrete greener–reducing its sizable carbon footprint without compromising performance–is just like the world's most ubiquitous manufactured material–hard! But, according to a new report from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the potential engineering performance, energy-efficiency and environmental benefits make it a challenge worth tackling. Many factors...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.