Pencil Reference Libraries
A pencil, containing a solid pigment core within a protective casing, is a common writing implement or art medium. Having a case keeps the pigment from breaking as well as from marking the user's hand. Pencils differ from pens because they leave marks by physical abrasion rather than staining the paper. The pigment leaves behind a trail of material that adheres to the sheet of paper or other...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.