Latest Pennsylvania Natural Heritage Program Stories
HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 30 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources has designated the Lowville Fen Natural Area in Lowville and the Scarlett Wild Flower Sanctuary in Edinboro as Pennsylvania Wild Plant Sanctuaries. The designations were bestowed upon the two Erie County wetland areas today at the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy's West Branch French Creek Conservation Area. "Meant to encourage the conservation of natural areas and native plants, the...
HARRISBURG, Pa., June 17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Acting Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources John Quigley today announced that Pennsylvania is designating its first Private Wild Plant Sanctuary. The 7.6-acre property owned by Michael and Barbara Yavorosky is located in Fell Township, Lackawanna County, and Clinton Township, Wayne County. The Yavoroskys, of nearby Hop Bottom, are committed to preserving the site in perpetuity and welcome the public to visit the sanctuary....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.