Latest Penny Ice Cap Stories
A melting glacier and flash flooding fears at a Canadian park on Baffin Island forced officials to evacuate tourists and declare much of the area off-limits. The Auyuittuq National Park on the island's northeast coast recently witnessed record-breaking warmth and substantial amounts of rain, Parks Canada spokeswoman Pauline Scott told Canwest News Service. This summer's events are beyond anything we're used to, Scott said from Iqualuit, Nunavut. This is no doubt a result of climate...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.