Latest Petalite Stories
By Cook, Robert B Guidebook to the Pegmatites of Western Australia by Mark I. Jacobson, Mark. A. Calderwood, and Benjamin A. Grguric. Hesperian Press, PO Box 317, Victoria Park, WA, Australia 6979 (http:// www.hesperianpress. com). 356 pages; 2007; $85 plus shipping (hardcover). This useful and informative book is a comprehensive treatment of the history, geology, and mineralogy of economically or scientifically significant pegmatites in Western Australia, authored by three experts in the...
Lithium is the chemical element with symbol Li and atomic number 3. In the periodic table, it is located in group 1, among the alkali metals. Lithium in its pure form is a soft, silver white metal, that tarnishes and oxidizes very rapidly in air and water. It is the lightest solid element and is primarily used in heat transfer alloys, in batteries and serves as a component in some drugs known as mood stabilizers. Notable characteristics Lithium is the lightest metal and has a density...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.