Latest Peter Weiss-Penzias Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Scientists from California have linked rising levels of methylmercury in their state´s coastal fog to upwelling from deep ocean water. Lead researcher Peter Weiss-Penzias, an environmental toxicologist at the University of California, Santa Cruz, was quick to point out that the amount of the toxic mercury compound detected in coastal fog is not a direct public health concern. "These are parts-per-trillion levels, so when we say...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.