Quantcast

Latest Petronet LNG Stories

2011-08-15 07:15:00

SHANGHAI, Aug. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- 6th Asia LNG Summit (organized by CPPEI and Global Leaders Institute, Shanghai, China, Oct 26th - 28th) supported by the top three oil companies in China - CNOOC, CNPC and Sinopec - attracted more than 1,000 participants from 2006 to 2010. The recovery in global LNG consumption in 2010, combined with anticipated gas demand growth in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific region presents opportunities for LNG exports, as does growing demand in...

2009-03-06 07:00:00

NEW YORK, March 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Energtek Inc., a world leader in the development of Adsorbed Natural Gas (ANG) technology, reported that a series of meetings with Indian gas industry leaders took place following a lecture presented by the company last week at the Second Eurasian City Gas Stakeholders Conference in Delhi, India. The conference, organized by Resonance Energy and Organization Dynamics, was attended by major Indian natural gas (NG) industry stakeholders...

2008-11-04 12:00:21

UK-based energy group Centrica, the parent company of British Gas, has secured its first liquefied natural gas delivery to the UK from Qatar. The cargo was purchased from the RasGas Company, a Qatar-based liquefied natural gas producer, and will be delivered in November 2008. The cargo will reportedly be the UK's largest ever liquefied natural gas (LNG) delivery. It will be used in the commissioning of the Phase-2 expansion of the Isle of Grain LNG import terminal in Kent. The terminal is...

2008-09-24 09:00:41

The Qatar-based Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural Gas Company II has signed an equity participation agreement with one of its long-term customers, the CPC Corporation of Taiwan. The agreement comes as the culmination of a partnership dating back to 2003 when the Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural Gas Company II (RasGas II) first signed an exclusive heads of agreement with CPC. The agreement set out for the supply three million tonnes of liquefied natural gas (LNG) per annum for a period of 25 years...

2008-08-30 09:00:57

By Devraj Dasgupta MUMBAI: The state government has decided to stand guarantee to a loan of Rs 300 crore needed to urgently repair and replace worn-out spares at the beleaguered Dabhol power plant. Desperate to tackle the power crisis plaguing Maharashtra, the state hopes to get 900 MW from Dabhol once the generation units are repaired by October. Due to the damage to the generation units, Dabhol is producing only 600 MW now as compared to 1200 MW last year. Sources in the government...

2008-07-08 09:01:01

Gaz de France and Acea have decided to set up a joint venture with Gas Plus for the conversion of depleted gas deposits into a natural gas storage facility on the San Benedetto del Tronto site, in the Marche region of Italy. Gaz de France (GDF) and Acea will own 51% of the joint venture (JV), with the remaining 49% held by Gas Plus, which will also be responsible for operating the site. To take part in the development, GDF and Acea have previously entered a partnership with a 70% and 30%...

2008-06-30 06:02:44

Gaz de France has entered into an agreement with PowerGas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Power, to jointly build and operate Singapore's first liquefied natural gas terminal. Gaz de France will hold a 30% share in the project company. The terminal will be built on a 30-hectare site on Jurong Island, Singapore. It is scheduled to be operational in 2012, and will have an initial capacity of three million tonnes per annum (mtpa). After the success of Petronet LNG in India, in which...


Word of the Day
omadhaun
  • A fool; a simpleton: a term of abuse common in Ireland and to a less extent in the Gaelic-speaking parts of Scotland.
This word is partly Irish in origin.