Latest Phallaceae Stories
A new species of mushroom found on the African island of Sao Tome has been named after California Academy of Sciences curator of herpetology Robert Drewes. The two-inch-long mushroom grows on wood and is shaped like a phallus, San Francisco State University Professor Dennis Desjardin and Brian Perry, the scientists who discovered the mushroom, said. Phallus drewesii belongs to a group of mushrooms known as stinkhorns, which produce a foul, rotting meat odor. There are 28 other species of...
Dr. Robert Drewes calls the naming of Phallus drewesii, discovered on the African island of Sao Tome, a 'wonderful honor' It's two inches long, grows on wood, and is shaped like a phallus. A new species of stinkhorn mushroom, Phallus drewesii, has been discovered on the African island of Sao Tome and graces the upcoming cover of the journal Mycologia. The mushroom is named after Robert Drewes, Curator of Herpetology at the California Academy of Sciences, and is described in the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.