Latest Phosphate nephropathy Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Citing 13 deaths connected to the use of sodium phosphate laxatives, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is cautioning that the constipation-relieving drugs should be used in strict accordance with all directions and warnings. The federal agency said the drugs should be taken as a single dose once per day and used for no more than three days. If consumers do not have a bowel movement after taking a single dose, they should not...
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says it will add a Boxed Warning to prescription oral sodium phosphate products Visicol and OsmoPrep. The FDA said the action is being taken to warn consumers about the risk of acute phosphate nephropathy -- a type of serious kidney injury. Patients routinely take sodium phosphate products to cleanse their bowels before a colonoscopy or other medical procedures. The FDA also voiced concern about risks associated with the use of similar over-the-count...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.