Latest Physical impacts of climate change Stories
Pioneering new research from the University of Exeter could have a major impact on climate and environmental science by drastically transforming the perceived reliability of key observations of precipitation, which includes rain, sleet and snow. The ground breaking study examines the effect that increased aerosol concentrations in the atmosphere, emitted as a result of burning fossil fuels, had on regional temperature and precipitation levels. Scientists from Exeter's Mathematics...
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A team of climate scientists from the University of Massachusetts Amherst has released a new study suggesting temperatures are going to be significantly warmer in all seasons in the next 30 years, especially in winter. The study, published in the current issue of the Journal of Geophysical Research, is the first to apply regional climate models to examine likely near-term changes in temperature and precipitation across the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.