Phytogeography Reference Libraries
The Neotropic ecozone is one of Earth's eight ecosystems. This ecozone is also known as the Neotropical ecozone. It is made up of South and Central America, the Mexican lowlands, Caribbean Islands, and southern Florida. The southernmost part of South America is part of the Antarctic ecosystem. Many of the regions included in the Neotropic share the same diversity among plant and animal life....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.