Latest Piceance Basin Stories
According to a new report, shale gas could impact the U.S. energy policy and lead to future technological development. MIT researchers found that gas prices would rise by about five times the current levels by 2050 without shale gas, but it would only double with it. According to the report, shale gas also reduces electricity price growth by 5 percent in 2030 and 10 percent in 2045, compared to a scenario without shale gas. “Prior to this we hadn´t compared U.S. gas...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.