Latest Pierre Fidenci Stories
As many as 100 gorillas a year may be killed by poachers and sold for bush meat in a single region in the Republic of Congo, an environmental group says. Endangered Species International said it conducted an undercover investigation in Kouilou, 60 to 80 miles up the Kouilou River from Pointe-Noire, the country's second-largest city and a major port. If poaching continues at its current rate, gorillas could disappear from the region within a decade, the group's president, Pierre Fidenci, told...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.