Latest Pine Bluff, Arkansas Stories
JaJuan Johnson scored 20 points and 10th-ranked Purdue had four other players in double figures Saturday in a 90-42 rout of Arkansas-Pine Bluff. E'Twaun Moore had 15 points for the Boilermakers (6-2). Marcus Green and Nemanja Calasan each had 12 points and Calasan had 13 rebounds. Tyree Glass was the lone Golden Lion (0-7) in double figures with 18 points. Terrance Calvin had a team-high seven rebounds for Arkansas-Pine Bluff, which has lost each of its games this season by at least 14 points.
By Jon Gambrell WHITE HALL, Ark. - A simple message in white paint adorned the last VX nerve-agent land mine that rolled through a conveyor belt on its way to incineration at the Pine Bluff Arsenal - "LONG TIME COMING." With its destruction, central Arkansas became free from the danger posed by deadly nerve agents for the first time since the 1960s, when the weapons arrived at what was once the Army's second largest stockpile in the nation, some 140 miles southwest of Memphis. Now,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.