Pink frogmouth Reference Libraries
The Pink frogmouth, Chaunax pictus, is a sea toad of the family Chaunacidae, found circumglobally on continental shelves and slopes in tropical to temperate waters (except the Caribbean Sea), at depths of between 656.17 and 2165.35 ft (200 and 660 m). Its length is up to 15.75 in (40 cm). The pink frogmouth is moderately elongated compared to most other frogfishes, with a rough scaleless...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.