Latest Planets in science fiction Stories
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (Reuters) - In a scenario out of "Star Wars," astronomers have detected a planet outside our solar system with not one, but three suns, a finding that challenges astronomers' theories of planetary formation. The planet, a gas giant slightly larger than Jupiter, orbits the main star of a triple-star system known as HD 188753 in the constellation Cygnus ("The Swan"). The stellar trio and its planet are about 149 light-years from Earth and about as close to each other as...
Two-Hour Computer-Animated Special Features Top Scientists Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku and J. Craig Venter, Plus "Star Wars" Filmmaker George Lucas, Discussing Life Outside Our Solar System Mankind's greatest adventure is only decades away: In our century, unmanned space probes equipped with artificial intelligence will be sent to search for life on planets beyond our solar system. But what will happen when we find it? ALIEN PLANET takes viewers on a dramatic virtual mission of the future...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.