Latest PLK1 Stories
Scientists have discovered a way to fight cancer using a new gene-scanning method that silences genes used by tumors to stay alive. The researchers found a previously unknown gene that keeps tumor cells from destroying themselves, but is not needed by healthy cells. Another team of scientists discovered a genetic process that also appears to be solely linked to tumors. The findings are tied to a gene mutation that happens in nearly 30 percent of all cancers. The discoveries, which both...
Boehringer Ingelheim has announced that its new cell cycle kinase inhibitor and potentially first-in-class compound, BI 6727, has shown encouraging results in a Phase I clinical trial in patients with advanced tumors who have failed to respond to other treatments. In the study, which assessed the maximum tolerated dose, overall safety, pharmacokinetics and preliminary efficacy of BI 6727, a total of 50 patients were treated at doses of 12 to 450mg. Results were encouraging; 32% of patients...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.