Latest Pogonia ophioglossoides Stories
By Lamont, Eric E Stalter, Richard LAMONT, E. E. (Honorary Research Associate, Institute of Systematic Botany, The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx. NY 10458) AND R. STALTER (Department of Biological Sciences, St. John's University, Jamaica, NY 11439). Orchids of Atlantic coast barrier islands from North Carolina to New York. J. Torrey Bot. Soc. 134: 540-551. 2007.-During the past 25 years, we have documented the occurrence of 17 orchid species from Atlantic coast barrier islands from North...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.