Latest Point Pinole Regional Shoreline Stories
By Chris Treadway The International Coastal Cleanup on Saturday is a chance to join volunteers at area shoreline sites as part of the largest volunteer event of its kind in the world. According to sponsoring organization Ocean Conservancy, 378,000 volunteers from 76 countries and 45 states took part last year, clearing 6 million pounds of garbage from oceans and waterways. Events cover most of the East Bay shoreline from Emeryville to Richmond and spots farther north; organizers say the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.