Latest Polystrate fossil Stories
Massive fossil forests dating back millions of years have been found in Illinois coal mines, a British researcher says. Howard Falcon-Lang told the British Association Science Festival in Liverpool the fossil forests are the largest ever found, the BBC reported Tuesday. He said the fossils cover an area the size of Bristol. The discovery of the first fossil forest in the region along the Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky borders was reported last year. Scientists have since found five more,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.