Latest Ponteland Red Squirrel Group Stories
By AMY HUNT MILLIONS of passengers and hundreds of planes pass through Newcastle International Airport every year. But as well as holidaymakers and flight crew, the 184 hectare airport site has a number of other regular visitors. Great crested newts, bats and red squirrels are among the species found at the site near Ponteland, Northumberland. And bosses at the airport are working to protect and improve the site to attract more wildlife there. The airport has a well-established...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.