Latest Popstars Stories
Born in Ascot in 1981, I'm a singer in a girl band; I entered the TV talent show Popstars; The Rivals after doing some vocals for a band called Project G before hitting the big time as a model (I won Miss England twice) and singer with Girls Aloud. (c) 2008 Evening Chronicle - Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
By Gary Flockhart FOR ones gifted to the planet through the curious voting pulses of a Saturday night television audience - and therefore expected to go spectacularly to pieces, with public backlash and rapid disintegration within a matter of months, a la Hear'say and One True Voice - Girls Aloud have not done so badly for themselves. It's now six years since they were formed on reality TV show Popstars: The Rivals, and went on to confound their critics with a string of terrific pop...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.