Latest Portaferry Stories
Queen's University Belfast is working on a three-year study to conserve and restore endangered horse mussel reefs in Strangford Lough. Marine biologists based at the University's marine research and outreach centre in Portaferry in County Down, which is part of the School of Biological Sciences, will provide scientific and technological research to map and monitor the species and undertake trials to restore it. Horse mussel reefs are important to the marine environment because they are...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.