Latest Potassium perchlorate Stories
The American Chemical Society says Fourth of July fireworks across the United States, as well as July 1 for Canada Day observances, might go green. The ACS says a new generation of green fireworks is quietly making its way toward the sky -- green as in environmentally friendly. Fireworks, flares and other pyrotechnics traditionally have included potassium perchlorate as the oxidizer, a material that provides the oxygen that fireworks need to burn, the society said. However, perchlorate is an...
With millions of people in the United States eagerly awaiting those July 4 fireworks displays "” and our Canadian neighbors doing likewise for their July 1 Canada Day celebrations "” here's a prospect for those light shows of the future likely to ignite a smile on Mother Nature's face: A new generation of "green" fireworks is quietly making its way toward the sky.That's "green" as in environmentally friendly.Fireworks, flares and other so-called "pyrotechnics" traditionally have...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.