Latest Poveda Stories
French-Spanish documentary director and photo journalist Christian Poveda has been shot and killed in El Salvador, police said. Poveda, 52, is best known for his 2008 film festival favorite, La Vida Loca, which was about street gangs in the Central American country. Police told the BBC Poveda's body was found in a car north of the capital, San Salvador. The British broadcaster quoted Salvadorean President Mauricio Funes as saying he was shocked by Poveda's death. Police are investigating the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.