Latest Pre-Columbian Belize Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Police in Belize are investigating a construction company that has essentially destroyed one of the region´s most important historical structures. A 2,300-year-old Mayan structure located at the Nohmul complex in northern Belize was one of the largest pyramids in the Caribbean nation before it was leveled by a company seeking out gravel to dump on village roads. Using backhoes and bulldozers, construction workers dug into the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.