Latest Preterm birth Stories
Women who have been previously hospitalized for bipolar disorder are nearly twice as likely to have premature babies compared to women without a history of mental illness.
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Nov. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The March of Dimes is calling for a nationwide effort to reduce U.S. preterm births to 5.5 percent of all live births by 2030.
WARRINGTON, Pa., Oct. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Discovery Laboratories, Inc.
HERNDON, Va., Oct.
WARRINGTON, Pa., Oct.
- $50,000 awarded to Scott Sullivan, MD, MSCR (principal investigator), Roger Newman, MD, and Cody Reynolds, PhD for clinical research to prevent preterm birth ST. LOUIS, Oct.
Scientists from Queen Mary University of London and UCL have identified what they believe could be a cause of pre-term premature rupture of the fetal membrane, which accounts for 40 percent of pre-term births, the main reason for infant death world-wide.
- Companies will Co-Invest to Advance Aerosolization Technology to a Phase 3 / Commercial-Ready Device - WARRINGTON, Pa., Oct.
October is Infant Loss Awareness Month ANN ARBOR, Mich., Oct.
- Medela collaborates to support nutrition of at-risk infants - MCHENRY, Ill., Sept.
Labor Induction is a process of giving an artificial start to birth with medical intervention or other methods. When an induction is not performed for emergency or other medical reasons, the method is considered an elective process. The decision to induce labor has increased in recent years due to its convenience or because it easily accommodates busy schedules. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, however, say that labor should only be induced when it is more risky...
- A small wooded valley; a dell.
- The protecting weather-shed built around the entrance to a house.
- The roofed-over space between the kitchen and the sleeping-quarters in a logging-camp, commonly used as a storeroom.