Latest Prevalence of female genital mutilation by country Stories
Women who have undergone female genital mutilation (FGM) have a significantly lower sexual quality of life finds a new study published today (10 October) in BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. FGM is defined as any procedure 'involving partial or total removal of the external female genitalia without medical reasons'. This study, carried out by researchers at King's College London, looks at the impact of FGM on the sexual quality of life of women who have...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.