Pristidae Reference Libraries
The sawfish is the common name for a family of rays, called Pristidae, containing seven species within two genera. Also known as the carpenter shark, it is not related to the similar looking sawshark. Sawfish prefer to live in the tropical or subtropical regions of the Indo-Pacific and Atlantic. Its largest populations are found in Australia and in Florida. This species can be found living near...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.