Latest Proto-Elamite Stories
Peter Suciu for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online The oldest un-deciphered writing system in the world has eluded academics for years, but a researcher from the Faculty of Oriental Studies at the University of Oxford has begun an undertaking that will attempt to harness the power of ℠crowd-sourcing´ to solve this ancient riddle. Dr. Jacob Dahl announced the project this week, which will take high-quality images of 5,000-year-old Proto-Elamite clay tablets and publish...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.