Latest Proton pump inhibitors Stories
WILMINGTON, Del., June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Two studies from AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) show that symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) patients treated with NEXIUM(R) (esomeprazole magnesium) 20 mg daily experienced greater relief from nighttime heartburn and GERD-related sleep disturbances compared with patients taking placebo over four weeks(1).
Hospitalized patients who are given acid-suppressive medications are 30 percent more likely to develop pneumonia during their hospital stay, a new study found.
Hospitalized patients who receive acid-suppressive medications such as a proton-pump inhibitor have a 30 percent increased odds of developing pneumonia while in the hospital, according to a study in the May 27 issue of JAMA.
CINCINNATI, May 14 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the FDA's approval of Prevacid OTC(R) 24HR, The Procter & Gamble Company issued the following statement: (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh//NY17325 ) "Prilosec OTC(R) is the #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended over-the-counter heartburn remedy in the U.S.," said Tim Brown - General Manager, P&G Personal Health Care North America.
- This approval will provide greater convenience and broader access to an effective treatment option to the 50 million Americans(1) suffering from frequent heartburn - Once-daily, prescription-strength Prevacid(R) 24HR is the first OTC proton pump inhibitor approved for the treatment of frequent heartburn in the US since 2003 - Prescription-strength Prevacid 24HR treats frequent heartburn for a full 24 hours BASEL, Switzerland, May 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Novartis announced today that...
Proton pump inhibitors interfere with anti-clotting protection of clopidogrel.
The anti-clotting action of the medication clopidogrel -- Plavix -- can be compromised by common drugs for the treatment of heartburn, U.S. researchers said. Principal investigator Eric J.
- Four of the most commonly used proton pump inhibitors raise risk of heart attack and stroke for patients taking Plavix(R) and increase healthcare costs - Drug interaction increases annual hospital costs by nearly 40 percent FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J., May 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Four of the most commonly prescribed heartburn medications reduce the benefit associated with clopidogrel, a widely used antiplatelet medication also known by its brand name, Plavix.
LAS VEGAS, May 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Results of the Clopidogrel Medco Outcomes Study presented today during SCAI's Annual Scientific Sessions found the anti-clotting benefits of clopidogrel (Plavix) may be reduced when taken concurrently with commonly used heartburn medications called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
- Company Also Submits sNDA for NEXIUM Capsules for Risk Reduction of Low-Dose Aspirin-Associated Peptic Ulcer - WILMINGTON, Del., May 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) today announced the submission of a new drug application (NDA) to the U.S.
- Having a loud voice; vociferous; clamorous.
- Of grand or imposing sound.