Latest PS10 solar power tower Stories
A team of researchers from MIT and Aachen University in Germany have engineered a new kind of concentrated solar power (CSP) plant that allows for a greater yield of energy on a smaller area of land. And the progressive-thinking scientists say they got their inspiration for the design from was Mother Nature herself. In the journal Solar Energy, the transatlantic team recently reported that by arranging the mirrors, or ℠heliostats´, of solar devices in spiral formations they can...
- Performance of power tower plant, PS20, exceeded design output during three-day production and operational testing period. - New 20-megawatt solar power plant will produce enough energy to supply 10,000 homes. DENVER, April 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following the conclusion of the successful three-day production and operational testing period, Abengoa Solar has begun commercial operation of the new PS20 solar power tower plant located at the Solucar Platform, near Seville (Spain)....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.