Latest PSR B1829−10 Stories
An international team of astronomers has discovered an exotic planet that appears to be made of diamond orbiting a tiny star in our galaxy. The new planet, which is far denser than any other previously known, consists primarily of carbon. However, its high density has led scientists to calculate the carbon must be crystalline, meaning a large part of the planet would effectively be diamond. "The evolutionary history and amazing density of the planet all suggest it is...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.