Pteromylaeus Reference Libraries
The bull ray is found in the warm coastal waters, lagoons, and estuaries of Europe and Africa, mainly in the eastern Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Black Sea, and Mediterranean Sea. The full distribution of this species is unclear. It swims both near the surface and on the bottom to feed in small groups at depths of 200 ft or more, sometimes leaping out of the water. Occasionally it is called a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.