Latest Punch card Stories
IBM had its 100-year birthday on today with a market capitalization of $197 billion as the world's 14th most valuable technology company. IBM dates its birth to the June 16, 1911 merger of three firms: the Tabulating Machine Co, the International Time Recording Co. and the Computer Scale Co. of America. Thomas Watson Sr. is the man credited with building IBM into a powerhouse and he joined the new company, Computing-Tabulating-Recording Co. (CTR) in 1914 and renamed it International...
AUBURN, Maine, March 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Dirt, oils and other contaminants are introduced into a card reader every time a credit card is inserted. For the read contacts to properly access the smart chip, it is critical that these contaminants are regularly removed to help avoid card reader errors. This newly released Waffletechnology Smart Card Reader Cleaning Card is designed to remove these contaminants by gently cleaning these critical read/write components. This product not only offers...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.