Latest Rachel Somerville Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A Rutgers University astronomer has created computer models and simulations that help to explain how galaxies formed and evolved. Astronomer Rachel Somerville, who works as a professor of astrophysics in the Department of Physics and Astronomy, School of Arts and Sciences, created these models to show how gases like hydrogen and helium coalesce into stars and galaxies and how exploding stars and black holes impact their galactic...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.