Latest radiant energy Stories
The U.S. space agency says it has awarded the Northrop Grumman Corp. a contract for construction of the Clouds and Earth Radiant Energy System. National Aeronautics and Space Administration officials at the Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., said the contract will support the design, manufacture, assembly, test and calibration of the system, also know as the CERES Flight Model 6 instrument. The cost-plus-award fee, incentive fee 10-year contract has a maximum value of $44.5 million. The...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.