Radioactivity Reference Libraries
Nuclear fallout, or just simply fallout, known also as Black Rain, is the residual radioactive material that is propelled into the upper atmosphere after a nuclear black or a nuclear reaction that is conducted in an unshielded facility. It is so called because it "fall out" of the sky after the explosion and the shock wave have passed. It most commonly refers to the radioactive dust and ash...
Solar Radiation -- Solar radiation is radiant energy emitted by the sun due to nuclear fusion reactions. Fusion is the process whereby stars produce huge quantities of energy from the fusion of hydrogen or helium, in one of the most efficient processes of energy generation. The radiation referred to is usually electromagnetic energy, particularly infrared radiation, visible light, and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.