Latest Radstock Stories
You might have to dig deep to find the answers to some of these questions! 1. Some of the silver found in the Crown Jewels was mined here, off the North Devon coast. Where? 2. This mineral was once mined extensively in the Brendon Hills. What was it? 3. This upland area was once divided up into four so-called "liberties," each owner having the mineral rights. Where? And what was the mineral? 4. These "Freeminers" must work underground for a year and a day to claim their rights....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.