Latest Rail transport in Namibia Stories
Text of report by state-owned Namibian newspaper New Era website on 9 September [Report by Desie Heita: "Strike Disrupts Fuel Supplies"] Windhoek: The strike at TransNamib has disrupted the supply of oil inland as petroleum companies find it difficult to move petroleum from the port of Walvis Bay aboard trucks in the absence of rail tankers. Mining operations that require chemical acids, such as Rossing Uranium, say they are using up their contingency stocks to keep operations going....
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.