Latest Rajdeep Dasgupta Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online According to a new study by researchers at Rice University, the Earth's mantle magma melts far hotter and deeper in the Earth's core than previously thought, a discovery that will have lasting implications for our understanding of the planet's geophysical and geochemical properties. The research team, led by Rajdeep Dasgupta, put small amounts of peridotite under large pressures in a laboratory to determine that rock can and does...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.