Latest Rapa Nui Stories
Lawrence LeBlond for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online For centuries, magnificent stone structures, known as Moai, have stood at attention, seemingly guarding one of the world´s most remote islands--Polynesia´s Easter Island--from the unknown. But why these statues are here has not been as much of an enigma, as to how they got here. That conundrum, which has been steeped in mystery, may have finally been answered, thanks to the efforts of a team of US anthropologists and...
Experts from a pair of American universities have put forth new theories as to how Rapa Nui's legendary stone statues were put into place, as well has what may have caused the downfall of the lush forests once found on the isolated South American location also known as Easter Island. According to Foxnews.com and Huffington Post reports, anthropologist Carl P. Lipo of Cal State Long Beach and archaeologist Terry Hunt of the University of Hawaii have demonstrated their theory that the famous...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.