Latest Raphael Domjan Stories
A skipper who is hoping to be the first person to sail around the world using only solar power, unveiled his catamaran late this week that he says could be a sign for possible pollution-free shipping in the future. Raphael Domjan's dream, a 100 foot long white catamaran named PlanetSolar, was designed to reach a top speed of 15 knots (15 miles per hour) and is capable of transporting 50 passengers. The vessel cost nearly 24 million dollars to build and is the world's biggest...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.