Razor Reference Libraries
A safety razor, designed to protect the user from serious injury, is a razor where the facial skin is protected from all but the very edge of the blade. Prior to using a safety razor, most men used a straight razor. These razors, although still available today, are not used very often due to the skill and attention required for use. Jean-Jacques Perret invented the safety razor. A rare...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.