Latest Recreational use of dextromethorphan Stories
WASHINGTON, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Consumer Healthcare Products Association issued the following statement on the Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee's recommendation not to schedule over-the-counter (OTC) medicines containing dextromethorphan: "Today's FDA advisory committee decision not to recommend scheduling OTC cough medicines containing dextromethorphan as a controlled substance reflects a sound balancing of the benefits of over-the-counter medicines...
US health regulators are working out possible restrictions on popular cough suppressants in hopes to stop cases of abuse that send thousands of people to the hospital each year. The Food and Drug Administration posted its review on Tuesday of dextromethorphan, an ingredient found in over a hundred non-prescription medications that is often abused for its euphoric effects. "Robotripping," as it is known among abusers, involves taking more than 25 times the recommended dosage of a cold...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.