Red-shouldered Macaw Reference Libraries
The Red-shouldered Macaw (Diopsittaca nobilis), also known as the Noble Macaw, Long-wing Macaw, and Hahn's Macaw, is a species of parrot native to Venezuela, the Guianas, Bolivia, Brazil, and far south-eastern Peru. It is found mostly in tropical lowlands, savannah and swamplands. This is not considered an endangered species, although populations in the wild have declined due to habitat loss....
The Green-winged Macaw (Ara chloropterus), also known as the Red-and-green Macaw, is a species of parrot found throughout northern South America. Although this is the most common macaw in the wild, its numbers are declining due to habitat loss and illegal capture for the pet trade. The breast of the Green-winged Macaw is bright red. The lower feathers of the wing are green. The reddish tail...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.