Latest Reforestation Stories
New standardized methodology developed by The Earth Partners, in a partnership with Applied Ecological Services and Brinkman & Associates, allows public agencies and other parties to document and receive marketplace credit–or other financial incentives–for improvements to soil carbon levels. Brodhead, WI (PRWEB) December 01, 2012 The Earth Partners is pleased to announce the validation of its comprehensive soil carbon quantification methodology by the Verified Carbon...
Deforestation is the act or process of removing trees from forested lands by cutting or burning. There are many reasons for deforestation. Logs are sold as a commodity and cleared lands can be used for pastures and human settlements. The damage caused by deforestation, however, can be great. If land is not somewhat reforested it can cause damage to habitats for wildlife and other plant life, affect the aridity of the region, and possibly encourage degradation into wasteland. Due to negligent...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.