Latest Rhex Stories
Contest joins forces with crowdsourcing platform Marblar and intellectual property commercialization company IP Group Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) September 30, 2013 Last year, the GRASP lab at the University of Pennsylvania’s School of Engineering and Applied Science and the Wharton School’s Mack Institute helped take cutting-edge robots out of the lab and into the marketplace through the Y-Prize Competition. Now, they have now joined forces with crowdsourcing platform Marblar and...
[ Watch the Video: University of Pennsylvania Unveils Acrobatic Robot ] redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) have created a new all-terrain, six-legged walking robot that has been specially designed with jumping and climbing capabilities that could help it complete military reconnaissance, rescue or supply transportation missions. The robot is named RHex (pronounced “Rex” and short for “robot...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.