Latest Ribavirin Stories
-- New all-oral, short-course (12 weeks), interferon-free treatment available in Canada for genotype 1 hepatitis C patients -- In Phase 3 clinical trials, HOLKIRA
- In Phase 3 clinical trials, VIEKIRA PAK cured 95-100 percent of hepatitis C patients, with less than 2 percent of patients experiencing virological failure NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., Dec.
- Major regulatory milestone achieved toward approval in the European Union NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., Nov.
- In adult patients co-infected with genotype 1 (GT1) hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1 infection, TURQUOISE-I demonstrated sustained virologic response
- Results demonstrated high response rates in adult chronic hepatitis C genotype 4 patients without cirrhosis BOSTON, Nov.
--Expanded indication includes both treatment-naive and treatment-experienced adult patients with or without cirrhosis-- TITUSVILLE, N.J., Nov.
Data from 25 accepted abstracts include results from: NORTH CHICAGO, Ill., Oct.
Two new pill-only antiviral drug regimens could provide shorter, more effective treatment options with fewer side effects for the majority of patients infected with hepatitis C, even those most difficult to treat.
New study identifies potential alternatives to Gilead's Sovaldi PHILADELPHIA, July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Intellectual
HIV-infected patients also infected with hepatitis C virus (HCV) who received a combination of the medications sofosbuvir plus ribavirin had high rates of sustained HCV virologic response 12 weeks after cessation of therapy.
Lassa fever, first described in 1969 in Lassa, is an acute viral hemorrhagic fever. Clinical cases were known a decade before this but were not associated with this viral pathogen. It is endemic in West African countries and causes approximately 5,000 deaths. The Natal Multimammate Mouse is the primary animal host. The rodent is a source of protein but the virus is usually transmitted by the contact with the feces and urine of animals accessing grain stores in residences. The lassa virus...
- A ceramic container used inside a fuel-fired kiln to protect pots from the flame.